This is another super-fast gift. It is a wee bit more complicated than is typical for me, but still easy enough if you go slowly.
5 mm hook
Worsted Weight Yarn
Gauge: 14 DC; 8 rows = 4″ (Easier: first round is approximately 1″ in diameter)
1) In 3rd chain, DC 10 times. Join with slst.
2) Ch 2. DC twice in each st around. Join with slst.
3) Ch 2. *DC twice in one st, DC once in next st* around. Join with slst.
4) Ch 2. *DC once in each of 2 sts. DC twice in following st* around. Join with slst.
5) Ch 2. DC in each st around. Join with slst to the front loop only of the first DC.
THE NEXT ROW IS THE PETAL ROW. YOU WILL WORK THE SAME ROW THREE TIMES. YES, THREE TIMES. PAY ATTENTION, IT CAN GET CONFUSING.
6 a) (Bear in mind you’ve got a slip stitch in the first st, so it’s been worked.) *Ch 5. Skip next 3 sts. Slst in front loop only of next st.* So: you will have a sl st in every fourth Dc, and loops of chains. At the end, slst around the first chain-5.
6 b) *Sc, Hdc, Dc, Tr, Dc, Hdc, Sc* in each and every ch-5 loop around. At the end, slst in back loop of the first st.
6 c) Ch 2. DC in each st around. Be sure you Dc in the back loops of sts that already have a ch-5 loop anchored on them. Join to first st with a normal slst.
7 & 8 ) Ch 2. DC in each st around. Join with slst.
9) Repeat round 6 a, b, & c.
10 & 11) Ch 2. DC in each st around. Join with slst.
12) Repeat round 6–A & B only. Finish off after completing B.
Weave in all ends.